Fun in the Sun Skincare Tips by Lorrie J. Peterson
These Fun in the Sun Skincare Tips are meant to assist you with remembering what you need to do to protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays while enjoying the great outdoors. These tips apply 24/7/365, not just during the summer!
The video below covers each of the 12 sun skincare tips. Below the video, is a written recap of the tips highlighted in the video.
Sun Skincare Tips Featured in the Video
Did you know that approximately 80% of external premature aging is caused by the sun?
Here are 12 Helpful Fun in the Sun Skincare Tips for Protecting Your Skin from the Damaging Effects of UV Exposure:
1) Wear a sunscreen or moisturizer with a …
SPF 30 (or more) on all areas of potential sun exposure.
2) Apply sunscreen at least 20-minutes before sun exposure.
3) Avoid sun exposure during peak hours, typically between 10am to 4pm.
4) Sunscreen should be applied every hour when swimming and…
During any other outdoor activities that result in heavy perspiration.
5) Your sunscreen should be broad-spectrum to filter-out both UVA and UVB radiation.
6) Always check the sunscreen’s expiration date to make sure it has not expired.
7) Wear a hat and protective clothing when participating in outdoor activities.
8) Don’t forget: Redheads are particularly susceptible to sun damage.
9) Remember that UVA effects are amplified through glass;
…and when UVA filters through clouds.
10) Avoid exposing children younger than 6-months-old to the sun.
11) Remember to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
12) Lastly, be sure to drink plenty of water to keep your body & skin hydrated.
It’s important to take good care of your skin and when you’re ready for a custom facial, you can always book an appointment with me at the salon. You may accomplish this by calling the spa at 209-464-7706… be sure to ask for Lorrie.
If you prefer, you can click the image below to book an appointment with me online via the spa’s website:
Whether your looking for regular skincare maintenance or you’ve recently experience skin damage due to over-exposure, a professional esthetician can make a huge difference. I hope my Fun in the Sun Skincare Tips video has been helpful.